Datazoom's cloud SDK allows an authenticated user with the proper role to edit an existing Collector configuration.
Editing a Collector
Editing a Collector is a simple task and allows one to make "Codeless" changes to the configuration.
- Login to the Datazoom dashboard at app.datazoom.io
- Navigate to the Collector screen by clicking on "Collectors". Click on the Collector that you wish to edit.
- The following screen appears. Here you can change the name and the data capture frequency for the selected Collector.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click "SAVE CHANGES". The very next video player refresh/launch will load the updated configuration provided it is used in a Data Pipe.
Upon making modifications to your Collector you will want to confirm you see the expected capture frequency change in your the analytics tool configured as your Connector.
Things to keep in mind:
- All video players that were running prior to the configuration change will continue to use the old Heartbeat interval until that player is re-loaded.
- Any new player that is launched will load the new configuration. You should see the new Heartbeat frequency reflect those changes gradually, as your viewers launch new video player sessions.
Article is closed for comments.