Datazoom is a high-availability real-time data collection solution. This document summarizes how to integrate the Bitmovin iOS video player with the Datazoom platform.
- Login to Datazoom here: https://app.datazoom.io
- Add a Collector as indicated here: How to add a Collector
- Copy the
config keythat was created at the end of the process
Click the icon indicated below to copy the Configuration Key
You will see this message:
iOS version 12.0+
XCode version 12.5+
Installation is via the Swift Package Manager.
Using Swift Package Manager
Open/Create project in XCode
Add Swift Package dependency - navigate to File → Add Packages...
Paste the repository URL (https://gitlab.com/datazoom/apple-ios-mobile/dzcollectoriosbitmovin), select Branch (with branch set to main) and click Add Package.
Once again confirm selection, select target and click Add Package.
- Open the Project settings, add DZCollectoriOSBitmovin.framework to the Linked Frameworks and Libraries, set Status to Optional.
- Bitmovin Player iOS SDK should also be added (SDK and documentation are here, suggesting way is 'Adding the SDK Directly"). We support version 3.9.2 and newer.
Open the terminal and check if Cocoapods is installed in your machine.
If the above command returns no version number, then you'll need to install CocoaPods.
After installation, navigate to the Xcode project directory and create a
Podfileconfiguration file if not present.
Run the command:
Add the BitmovinPlayer and DZBitmoviniOS pod in the
Pull and update the latest Cocoapods pod specs
Install the pods
- Be sure to close any current Xcode sessions and use `your_project_name.xcworkspace` for this project from now on.
DZCiOSBitmovin.xcframeworkfile from here
Drag and drop the downloaded frameworks into your Xcode project. Drag the file to the files inspector on the left side of Xcode. Make sure you check the box "Copy items" in the popup menu that displays while drag and drop the file.
- In selected Xcode target, go to the General tab and scroll down to Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content (Embedded Binaries in older Xcode versions). Make sure that the framework added in the above step is present. If not present, add the framework by clicking the "+" button available at the same section. Also, make sure that Embed option is set to Embed & Sign.
Usage - Steps for Swift Language based Applications:
Import and initialization of framework and player
Import the framework using the following command:
Initialize the framework by passing along the Datazoom Configuration ID: