Datazoom’s framework facilitates tvOS applications using the Akamai Adaptive Media Player tvOS player to send video playback events based on the configuration created in data pipes.
- Login to Datazoom here: https://app.datazoom.io
- Add a Collector as indicated here: How to add a Collector
- Copy the
config keythat was created at the end of the process
Click the icon indicated below to copy the Configuration Key
You will see this message:
4. Replace the
<configuration id from Datazoom>in Datazoom's
DZAkamai.framework file with the Key you copied above.
5. Replace the
<url given by Datazoom> with
6. Replace the
<AMPPlayer object> with your
- macOS Catalina version 10.15.2 or later
- Xcode 12.2
- CocoaPods (https://guides.cocoapods.org/using/getting-started.html)
- AmpCore 9.1.1
Open the terminal and check if Cocoapods is installed in your machine.
If the above command returns no version number, then you'll need to install CocoaPods.
After installation, navigate to the Xcode project directory and create a
Podfileconfiguration file if not present.
Run the command:
Add the DZAkamaiTvOS framework after
AmpCoreframework in the
Pull and update the latest Cocoapods pod specs
Install the pods
- Be sure to close any current Xcode sessions and use `your_project_name.xcworkspace` for this project from now on.
Implementation Steps for Swift Language-based Applications
- Open the ViewController/View file, where the AMPPlayer(Akamai Player) is included.
Import the framework using the following command:
Initialize the framework by passing along the env (any one of DEV, STAGING, PROD) "Configuration ID", and player instance:
Datazoom allows customers to collect custom events and metadata that aren't emitted from the video player.
The customer should add the following snippet just after calling the
- A demo application that shows the usage of this framework is available here:
- This application can be used to test the DZAkamaiTvOS framework implementation.